Hello, 2013!

Yeah, I am almost a month late.  Oh well.

So, 2013, here we are.  There are a lot of things happening this year.  I think less than last year.  Our last quarter of 2012 was insane.  I am happy to NOT have that travel schedule in our future.  Still, I think we will stay busy.  You might ask, with what?  Or you might not care.  Either way, with this stuff.

Layla will turn one!  I can't believe I even just typed that.  It's really really hard to comprehend that she will be a YEAR OLD.  In the last few weeks, she has gotten pretty mobile.  She isn't crawling yet, but she has learned how to get to her knees, and sit back down, how to pull up in her crib (the mattress was moved last night), and how to scoot around on hardwood floors.  She's pretty proud of herself, and it's stinking cute.  When I walked in the other morning to discover her standing in her crib, she was just waving and smiling and cackling.  So this week we are starting to make our house baby proof.  We have been lucky to get away with not worrying about it for so long, but that time is gone.  Any one have magic tricks or random stuff we won't think of?  Let us know.  Anyway, I haven't planned much for her party.  I don't want it to be GIANT.  I just want to have all of our people around to celebrate, and watch her eat a crap ton of sugar for the first time.

D will resume normal ATL travel.  It's not my favorite, but it's less scary than last year.  I have a better handle on the tiny one, and she is a little more self sufficient.

I am going back to work!  Ok not really.  But I am doing some contract work for an old friend/co-worker, and I am excited about it.  All stuff I can do from home while Layla naps during the day.  I have had an amazing year or almost year off.  I have loved every second of being home.  But now that Layla has a better schedule, I am happy to have something more to do with my days.  I am still doing stuff for church...leading music on Sundays, and doing some administrative stuff.  But this will let me use my brain a little more.  It should be just enough of a challenge.  Having been out of the social media/business mainstream for awhile, it's going to take some time to get my head back in the game.

And sometime around the beginning of summer, I will have a little man to hang out with!  NO, we are not expecting again.  Some fabulous friends from church are, and she is going back to work part time just down the street from our house.  So for two days a week Layla and I will have a tiny bundle to cuddle.  Well, I will probably cuddle, and she will try to figure out what is going on.  And it's just enough.  Two days a week is perfect.  A little person to hang out with and play with, and the contract work on the side.  It will be nice.

Really, I think our biggest project is that we are house hunting! We started this month, and have narrowed down some developments and builders that we like.  We hope to start building fall/winter of this year, and ready to move spring of 2014.  Unless, of course, we find THE house already built just for us. Then we will happily just move in. However, I don't see that happening.  I am sad to leave this house.  We LOVE it.  If it could magically be twice the size, that would be perfect.  Unfortunately, babies have a lot of THINGS.  And should we EVER decide we are having another one, I don't know where it would go.  We are hanging on to this place though.  So this year will be spent cleaning, purging, organizing and getting it ready to rent.

In the midst of all of that, we have three weddings to go to, and will be back in Europe in September.  Germany, Greece, and depending on D's work schedule, maybe Belgium.  So I think we can stay occupied.

I am pumped for this year.  So much goodness going on.  2012 was such a roller coaster of ups and downs, I am looking forward to so much, I know it will be great!

Here is our tiny mover and shaker!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 1st Birthday, Layla!

A Discussion On Genes (and not the comfy, denim kind)

A Forgotten Blog...