And we're off!

Today it begins.  Layla and I are off to Baltimore to hang with our favorite East Coasters, Uncle J and Aunt E.  Fortunately, they made it through the craziness of Sandy with minimal problems, and even though BWI was closed for the last two days they are open today!  So we are on our way.

I thought road tripping with a 5 month old was ridiculous.  Flying with an almost 7 month old is proving to be even more so.  Toys, high chair, jumpy thing, food, diapers, blah blah blah and all for two and half weeks. I keep taking stuff out of the suitcase and putting it back in. It's quite the game of Tetris.  I just hope I win.

Even though it seems like insanity right now, I am so excited to be going.  Last time we went to Baltimore she was only three and a half months old.  She was just starting to sit up, and pay attention to things.  Now she is so fun and active, and a big ball of busy.  She gives high fives now!  And she thinks she is a RIOT when she does.  She is going to LOVE playing with J and E, and their doggies. I am sure it will be hilarious.  Be prepared for a stupid amount of pictures.

So we are off to the land of crab cakes, and my brother's fabulous cooking.  I was informed that tonight's dinner is clam chowder and cheddar biscuits.  I love that guy.  After a wonderful weekend with them, we will head to Atlanta to be with D for two weeks before heading back home.  I am sad to miss the start of the holiday season at home, and to postpone decorating for awhile.  But I am looking forward to the beautiful fall weather in the south.

Here is the tiny traveler! (genuine Parisian beret courtesy of Kate)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 1st Birthday, Layla!

A Discussion On Genes (and not the comfy, denim kind)

A Forgotten Blog...