2 months to go!

Well, holy crap.  We are down to only two months until Gretel's guesstimated arrival!  I can't believe it. I feel like I was just in my first trimester, feeling nauseous, and thinking it would never end.  But here we are...31 weeks in, and the end is in sight!

Our neighbors had their little girl last week, and she was about 3 weeks early.  This sent D and I in a bit of a tailspin...we are NOT ready for her to be here yet!  We did finally make some progress on the nursery. It's empty, and I think we figured out our paint colors.  This week/weekend we will be painting.  The carpet is also in, so we just need to go pick it up.  Our house is COVERED in baby paraphernalia.  I mean, COVERED.  The front room is somewhat organized in bins, but the coffee table has disappeared.  So has the dining room table. And it's a good thing we don't have guests anytime soon since you can't even get to the bed in the guest room.  YIKES.  I am excited to keep moving forward so that we can get everything set up and put away.

Last weekend, our fab church folks threw us a couples shower.  It was so much fun!  The theme was Got Milk? accompanied with all desserts and of course, milk.  There were even CINNABONS.  It was such a happy day.  We played Battle of the Sexes - Baby Knowledge.  The girls kicked butt.  There was a diapering contest.  Once again, the girls won.  The best game was between three of the guys.  They had about 1/3 of a bottle of beer in a baby bottle, and it was a race to see who could drink it the fastest.  Of course, the German won.  :)
Gretel also received some more fabulous gifts.  This girl will be ready for ANYTHING.  She has more crap than D and I combined.  Hopefully, we can find places for all of it.  Here are a couple of my favorites.  Her first guitar!!  Another couple at church has this for their son, and it's so stinking cool.  M knew how much I would like it, and she found one for us too.  I am so excited!
She also got her first swimsuit.  Thanks to previous gifts, she has sandals and sunglasses to go with it.  Now we just need to find a pool!  I also hope she is a little chunky...because who doesn't love a chunky baby in a swimsuit?
Next week we head back to the doctor for another check in.  Everything is going great, and it doesn't look like she will make an early appearance.  At least not yet!  I also think I found a pediatrician that is super close to us.  So, I need to start filling out forms! 22 days left of work...I can't believe how quickly it has gone by.  Hopefully, they will hire my replacement soon and I can get cracking on training whoever it is.  I am getting a little stressed about cramming it all in this last month, but I am sure it will work itself out.  Regardless, Gretel will be here soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 1st Birthday, Layla!

A Discussion On Genes (and not the comfy, denim kind)

A Forgotten Blog...