9 days and counting

Only 9 more days till we find out if the Newton is a she or a he! I feel like this next week is going to drag by. D is back in ATL, and I am forcing myself into a week of no plans. We have been going, going, going recently, and yesterday it caught up with me. I spent the afternoon on the couch napping, and not feeling so hot.

Without fail, when D leaves town, I pack my week full of friend time and things to do and blah blah blah. This week will be different. I have one night where I need to be out and about, but I have been able to move everything to that one night. I am ready to catch up on my book club book, get back to my ten hours of sleep, and try to clean up some of the disaster that is our house. With the windows still in the process of being finished, it's quite the scene. Sheets are still over some furniture, most rooms don't have curtains up, stuff has been moved/piled wherever there is space, and there is a never ending film of sawdust all over the place. I make little bits of progress, then it just gets dirty again. At this point, I want it just to be livable. I will do a serious clean when it's all done. I am not wasting my time and energy.

Hopefully, that will make this week move along at a decent pace. Next Wednesday seems so close and so far at the same time. But I am ready to find out/prove that I am right! :) And we need to start planning the nursery stuff, registering, and getting ready for the little him or her. After going to my cousin-who-is-somehow-my-cousin's shower this weekend, and seeing all the precious little things she got for her girl on the way, I am so pumped! So many cute, little people things. I can't wait!

Continuing the countdown, we are only 18 days away from our glorious beach vacation. The colder it gets here, the more we are looking forward to it! Even me, and I like winter. So while I look out on the gloomy day with all the leaves falling, I will just keep this in mind.

Image of Excellence Punta Cana Luxury Adults Only All Inclusive, Punta Cana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 1st Birthday, Layla!

A Discussion On Genes (and not the comfy, denim kind)

A Forgotten Blog...