***WARNING*** Long, sappy Mom post ahead. It might be rambly, too. Daniel and I always knew we wanted kids. There was always a debate about how many, but we figured we would start with at least one, and see how we all did. When we decided it was time, I was nervous. I had no reason to think we would have any problems, but as many moms and women who want to be moms know, the anxiety that can come with pregnancy and all that surrounds it is ridiculous. We were so so lucky. Pregnant in the first month. A perfectly normal pregnancy with the typical symptoms and such. And a great birth experience. I am so unbelievably grateful for how it all went. It's weird to think how worried I was about everything. God, I am sure, was just laughing and laughing while He handled everything. One year ago today, I was in the midst of labor. Long, painful, unmedicated, induced labor. I, of course, chose unmedicated. But that's where I...
I have been MIA from the blogging world. I didn't realize how far behind I was until I looked this morning. I owe Layla a few posts, and I want to do a European Vacation update. I will probably just make those all into one big lump. However, I did want to share information about what's been going on in my life since the summer started. I haven't said much about anything because there was a lot of information I didn't have, and unknowns about testing, etc. At the beginning of June I had my happy lady doctor appointment. Once again my doc was suggesting genetic testing for breast and ovarian cancers. We had been having this talk for a couple of years, but I wasn't really old enough to really be concerned. (They have all of these equations for family history, age, etc to decide these things.) Anyway, this time we decided to go ahead and do it PROVIDED I get the coverage from insurance. I am all for being prepared, but the $4000 bill...
Some of you may know, but most probably don't that I have something called Synaesthesia. It's super super interesting. It involves synapses in the brain that fire....weirdly. Not really incorrectly, but on different paths than normal. There are numerous forms of this...tasting shapes, feeling colors...etc. My form is grapheme or color synesthesia. Wiki has a great page on the whole thing. It's a much more condensed version of Cytowic's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia Anywho...grapheme. I read letters and numbers in color. I have for as long as I can remember. I figured out about third grade that other people didn't, so I never talked about it. Until doing some Young Life training, and one of the leaders and I got into a convo about it, and she showed me a magazine article. I am part of synesthete.org and participated in a small study they did. it involved being shown 150 different letters and having to choose the color they were, in two different scena...
Comments
Post a Comment